DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, APPLICATIONS CAN TAKE UP TO TWO WEEKS TO PROCESS. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING OUT OF STATE APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME.
NEW FOR ARF! We now have separate online application forms for dogs and cats! Pay close attention to which link you are clicking on before applying.
Thanks for your interest in one of our former shelter pets! All of our animals are listed on PetFinder and can be found on the link. Our PetFinder database is updated frequently and is as current as possible. We process all applications as they are received. We require a NON-REFUNDABLE adoption donation. This donation is required ONLY IF APPLICATION IS APPROVED.
Adoption donations are as follows:
- $150 – $300 for dogs 7 years or younger (see amount listed on dog’s bio)
- $75 for most dogs older than 7 years
- $75 – $125 for cats and kittens (see amount listed on cat’s bio)
What your adoption donation covers:
- Your new pet’s spay or neuter
- Micro-chipping for future identification
- Heartworm test
- Current vaccinations
- Your own personalized ID tag
In addition to your adoption donation, you will also be asked to purchase 6 months of heartworm preventative for any adopted dog at the time of the adoption. This is to be purchased from one of our vets (see “Partner Vets” to the right). All provided services listed above can be completed at one of our Partner Vets at no further cost to you.
Before you fill out an application, please understand that:
- ARF does not ship our pets you will be required to pick up your pet in Tulsa.
- ARF does not adopt puppies or kittens (under the age of 6 months) to applicants who live outside the immediate Tulsa area we do consider suburbs that share boundary lines with Tulsa. This is because they are too young at that time to be spayed or neutered. Special considerations can be made and should be discussed before making an application.
- Applicants outside the immediate Tulsa area must have excellent veterinary records in their name for current or recent cats or dogs. If you haven’t owned a pet, and you don’t live in Tulsa County, you aren’t eligible to adopt from us.
- ARF requires reasonable veterinarian care for all pets.
To adopt from us, please fill out our online application below. You can also print and mail or scan/email the application and contract form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT use the fax number listed at the top of the application at this time. Every spot must be filled in and you must sign the final page. We will not work any incomplete applications. Applications can also be found at the ARF house at 5201 S. Yale Ave, Tulsa, OK or any of our partnered veterinarian offices.
Keep the original application and contract. You will need to bring them with you at the time of the adoption.